Good game, really well made. I wish there would be more of a closing ending though. Felt a bit silly to see the game again, after I finished the game.
The first one I got was Lone Confessions...
..Idk about you, but I lol'd. I got more names to lol at afterwards (Suffering Pain, Pain of the Orphan, Suffering Newborn, Death of Europe, etc.)
The whole gadget's kinda kinda boring, but I can imagine some stupid kid using this for a bandname and going to his bandmates "Yo guys, I got this cool name I just came up with" and later adding some stupid story about how it's poetically related to his life.
When I saw the title I was expecting some generator of an actual band instead of the name though, so just three stars for the lulz
Remember, monkeys love bananas, but only camels surive in the desert!
I like it! Very addictive!
Wait....where was the audio?!
Lol, other than that, I think it's a bit annoying that my team member(whoever's medic when I'm not) doesn't heal. At the boss fight I decided to equip heavy weapon since the boss was already following me, so I figured I could keep the others alive, while two of them shoot and one heals, but instead they all just kept shooting at him. I think you should consider adding something more strategical I suppose, because it seemed that all three of the team members had an identical idea of reacting to everything(even though short).
Before the boss fight I also found myself switching between Heavy and Medic, because they wouldn't heal. I think Imma just list my suggestions now:
- When the player's not medic, the current medic should heal. (Aim with heal gun at person with lowest health or health below 50%, etc.).
- Since this is a demo, I'm not going to lower score for this, but (obviously?) it should have a storyline and sounds. But I think you already knew these.
- Strategic options. Maybe you could add like the option to change your teammate's behavior or to let them switch their weapons.
- Maybe add something like a knife or something. I noticed how the enemies come pretty close to the team in various moments, but we keep having to shoot them. (With a shotgun, understandable, with other weapons not so understandable).
Other suggestions would be generic suggestions which you can come up yourself(survival mode, difficulty settings, etc.) so Imma leave now. Good luck in making the full ver.
I thought I was gonna see an poetic meaning to it...oh well, nice game. I was gonna make my comment about how it should have a better explanation or have a story, but then I read you made it for the Global Jam and was simply for that, not bad.
In short, I was expecting something about spiritualism.
I like the music, the enemies and the graphics, but the lack of an overall goal is pretty annoying...
Basically, I have nothing useful to say and have been typing this for nothing, could you give me a link to the Global Game Jam thread/post/something please? Would like to see it...
Yeah there's not really much of a message to it. I unfortunately didn't have time to really flesh out a story or a purpose, I figured it could be a bit interpretive (ie. whatever you want it to be).
Oh and I didn't post it on the GGJ official site mostly because I found the site too confusing, hah. You can see where I posted it on my own site here, but it's basically the exact same, just larger: http://struct.ca/games/cycle
It makes me feel so small....
The problem is my fault, I tried beating it with a touchpad. Lol
Read comment below too
I think it's a great comment, here's some of my additions to his comment:
- Don't just add timed hits(mario & luigi games also have that), but also add stuff events like jumping over/on something, allowing more paths(I remember in metal slug 4, you there where some levels where you could go on some stairs, upwards or open a door to enter some dungeon.
- Character customization. No need to add much, just male/female.
- Maybe add different modes, to add some of the suggestions shinobody said(like, leaving Divine Edge & Gold Voucher out in hard mode)
- Add temporary events, like poison, HP regen, power-ups, etc.
The idea is really great, and the art isn't bad either.
Tips for people playing:
- Try to buy armors instead of using elixirs.
- Try to buy swords before battles, armors afterwards. Same reason as above, they heal you. (Don't do this when your life is low, unless you have the elixir as reserve)
- When fighting the dragon, use elixir when you're almost dying(1 - 500 HP left)
I fought dragon on day 11, and while having katana and equal level armor and a elixir, I got to beat him. When he had his life left, my HP was running out, I used elixir and got the luck of defeating him.
^Summarized: Great game! :D
I think it's a great game, but with a common idea(playing a game where you can use your own music). It's not bad at all though, I think you did a great job on it.
To the people below me, no, just no. I've tried out several music genres
(The Prodigy - Out of space. Gojira - From The Sky. Foo Fighters - Everlong. Rage Against The Machine - Renegades of Funk. Neophyte - Braincracking. Lamb of God - Black Label. The Black Dahlia Murder - Moonlight Equilibrium. And some more..) and can honestly say that (especially on From The Sky by Gojira) the trembling stage can be fun, it reminds me of an earthquake, but the game lacks action to truly enjoy those songs. I scored higher on "busy" songs, but truly enjoyed the calm songs, where you could focus on the beauty of the music while not getting distracted by the screen.
I like it, but..
I think what this game needs is maybe more modes to play. The idea alone is awesome, but repetive(repetive = boring) wich makes it a real mini-game. At the third generation I defeated the champion, so it's not too hard, but it leaves me playing, just for the horse medal. I think it would be fun if you would have added a fight mode after you fall down where we could fight with swords, that way I could have had the feeling that there's more then just a mini-game. Other then that I think it's a good game, very fun to play, not bad music. Just too repetive.
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.